The eating habits directly relate to your overall health. Your skin, being the largest part of your body, is no different as it requires specific nutritious food for good health. Skin health gets a boost with the protein-rich foods, vitamins, and minerals that could offer glow on the skin and provide anti-aging effects. Here the relationship between good food and skin health elaborated for your benefit.
Importance of Nutritious Foods for Skin Health
A good diet certainly means good skin health, but there are some foods that can affect the skin in adverse ways. There are foods when not consumed regularly can affect your skin too. The studies also highlight that some solid & liquid food items can also deteriorate some common skin conditions.
Choose Good Food for Glowing Skin
The experts believe that one should eat a basic balanced diet following ways for good skin.
- Grains: The daily intake out of whole-grain bread, cereals, rice, nutty crackers or pasta should be 100-grams at least. The recommended foods have their unique benefits. Whole foods are basically unprocessed and healthy for the skin and are rich in certain antioxidants that fight inflammations and controls skin damage. Whole grains are good for the glowing skin.
- Veggies: Include in your eating routine, different fruits, and vegetables, especially more of the dark green and orange vegetables. These are rich in vitamins and other healthy compounds. Vitamin C & F protect the skin from the harsh sunrays and its antioxidants reduce the deterioration of skin cells caused by free radicals. Vitamin B biotin strengthens skin and hair foundation. Vitamin A, which is abundant in food and veggies, repair skin tissues. These vitamins provide the glow and good health to the skin.
- Calcium: Add more of the calcium-rich, fat-free or low-fat milk in your food. Calcium is the bone-strengthening compound, which is also effective in controlling skin cancer. Dairy products being rich in vitamins gives a tremendous aesthetic glow on the skin and make the skin smooth.
- Protein: Enjoy low-fat or lean meats, poultry items, and seafood in your eating routine. Fishes have Omega-3 fatty acids that are known to offer good skin texture and glowing health to the skin. Protein nurtures the skin and dairy products offer minerals, vitamins, and other compounds necessary for the skin’s excellent health. These all elements offer anti-aging properties and control wrinkles on the skin.
- Water: Drink plenty of water as it detoxifies your skin, it is also a good alternative for the sugary beverages that spoil the skin.
Foods Causing Skin Deterioration
Skin conditions such as acne, rosacea, eczema or psoriasis do happen or get aggravated by adopting wrong food habits. Acne for that reason gets worse by not following the food routine as recommended by the experts. The studies indicate that a low-glycemic diet can improve acne in younger people. Acne is controlled by avoiding a carbohydrate-rich diet. Acne & psoriasis patients should stay away from certain foods such as chocolate, greasy & fried foods, soft drinks, peanuts or foods high in fat.
Surely, healthy food is good for your healthy skin.